Winds, waves, fog, lightning, hail, tornadoes …. hurricanes! The wise boater respects and anticipates mother nature’s many moods. Beyond “red sky in the morning”, this course provides boaters with the tools to find and accurately interpret weather reports and forecasts, and to develop keen judgments in “reading” the sky and sea for optimum boating safety in and around Canadian waters. Newly developed for adult learners, this course will measure learning success not by closed-book, memory-work exams, but by practical, open-book applications of learned concepts to actual boating situations.
- The Atmosphere, Temperature, Heat
- Wind, Pressure, Waves
- Water, Humidity, Fog, Precipitation
- Stability, Clouds
- Thunderstorms and Tornadoes
- Mid-Latitude Weather and Storms
- Overview of Special Topics: e.g. hurricanes